Meal plans on a declining balance system with top-ups available throughout the year. Tax savings available on initial purchase of $1000+ of each semester.
|Plan||Value $||Who||HST Savings|
|Convenience Cards||$50-750||Available for non-Grenfell student/faculty|
|Build Your Own||$50-450||Faculty, staff, students|
|Commuter||$500||Faculty and staff and students who plan to eat fewer than eight meals per week|
|Lite||$1000||Students who plan to eat eight meals per week||15%|
|Full||$1500||Students who plan to eat eight to twelve meals per week and who will be on campus some weekends||15%|
Students who plan to eat 12 or more meals per week and who will be on campus most weekends
Students who eat most meals on campus.
Tax Free Savings applicable to first purchase of each semester. Unused declining balance dollars from the fall/winter semester may be carried over to following semesters.
Meal plans are non-transferable and non-refundable, and full payment is required at purchase.
* Designed to meet a number of criteria established by the Canada Revenue Agency, allowing the purchase of food and beverage on an HST exempt basis, including a minimum of 10 meals per week, extending a period of longer than one month, and use by a single student (the purchaser or student for which the purchase was made).
*Paypal charges subject to 3% fee.
*Credit Card charges subject to 2.5% fee.
*Interac e-Transfer 0% fee
Purchase a Meal Plan
(This link allows meal plan purchase through Paypal only. Please call 660-1243 for meal plan purchase through direct credit card payment or e-transfer.)
TOP BENEFITS TO BUYING A MEAL PLAN
- Save Money – Save 15% taxes on all food purchases at The Grove when you purchase the LITE, FULL or HEARTY MEAL PLAN
- Save Time – If you’re worried about not having enough time for studies, then focus on saving time elsewhere. Don’t worry about packing lunches or doing dishes, when The Grove can offer you a variety of meal options daily.
- Risk-Free – Any funds remaining on a plan at the end of the semester will carry over to the next semester, but your tax exempt status may be affected.
Meal Plan FAQs
Where can I use my Meal Plan?
Your meal plan can be used for any purchases at The Grove, Grenfell Campus.
What are the benefits?
Money Savings – Purchasing a Meal Plan will save you money. The purchase of a Lite, Full or Hearty Meal Plan is tax free so you save 15% on food purchases made at The Grove.
- Time Savings – Eliminated the need for cooking, packing lunches, and dishes will save you much needed time for studies and friends.
- Convenience – You do not have to carry cash on campus.
- Risk-Free – Any unused dollars will be carried forward to the next semester.
- Security – If your card is missing or lost, you can deactivate your card by emailing a request to
campusgrove.ca. Requests will be completed within 24 hours, Monday to Friday. Any usage of the card
between reporting time and update time (maximum 24 hours, Monday to Friday), may not be refunded.
I am living outside the Corner Brook area. How do I purchase a Meal Plan?
Meal plans can be purchased online, through a direct link from our website www.campusgrove.ca. Meal
plans can be purchased in-person only when request is made in advance, by e-mail, to set up a time.
Where do I get my Meal Plan card?
Meal plans will be loaded directly to your Grenfell Campus student/faculty identification card.
How do I activate my Meal Plan?
Any purchaser of a meal plan must present his/her card to a member of The Grove dining hall during pre-determined administrative sessions. Administrative hours will be posted on our website as well as at The Grove. You must bring your student card with you when you visit The Grove, as you will not be able to use your Meal Plan without it.
What if I have food allergies or special dietary needs?
Please contact The Grove either in-person, or by e-mail request, to discuss your special needs.
Can I bring a guest and use my Meal Plan?
Meal Plan dollars are for your meals only, and are non-transferable.
Are meals plans taxable?
When purchasing a meal plan, you pay only the price that you select, no additional tax. Tax is applied when you make retail purchases based on what you are buying. No tax is applied to purchases made on Lite, Full or Hearty Meal Plans.
How will I know how much money I have left on my card?
You can request a balance check by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, subject Balance Request. To receive this information you will be required to provide your full name, permanent address and student ID
Can I change my Meal Plan?
You cannot change a meal plan mid-semester but can purchase a different meal plan at the beginning of a semester. Please remember that the unused funds will carry over into the next year as taxable dollars, though tax-exempt status may change where applicable.
Does the Meal Plan carry over to next semester/year or do I get a refund?
Any unused meal plan dollars will carry over to the next academic semester/year though tax-exempt status may change where applicable. Should you leave Grenfell Campus, any unused meal plan dollars are non-refundable and non-transferable. Should a shut-down be mandated due to Covid 19, any unused funds will remain in the form of a credit for future use.
What if I lose my card?
If your card is missing or lost, you can deactivate your card by emailing a request to email@example.com Requests will be completed within 24 hours, Monday to Friday. Any usage of the card between reporting time and update time (maximum 24 hours, Monday to Friday) may not be refunded.